The Workforce Programs Specialist develops positive long-term relationships with business and industry partners, community agencies, community college, k-12 systems, and other training providers. This position will coordinate and implement the overall strategy for SAWDC to address industry workforce and training needs that support the organization’s vision and mission. The Workforce Programs Specialist will report directly to the Assistant Executive Director.
Key responsibilities include the following
- Engage with regional industry partners to determine workforce and/or talent needs.
- Manage two specific industry clusters and work alongside to develop collaborative workforce solutions for partners.
- Develop and maintain relationships with training providers (i.e. k-12 systems and postsecondary institutions) to maximize training and employment opportunities for students and job seekers that meet the needs of the industry.
- Provide opportunities for business and industry to assist with the development of hybridized training programs to include apprenticeships, internships, job shadowing, and on-the-job training.
- Manage workforce programs to include: Worlds of Opportunity, Educators Workforce Academy and other events designated.
- Build relationships across sectors and between organizations, education/training, and other service providers to align strategies and resources to benefit the industry partners and, in turn, the target population.
- Coordinate training, aligned with industry needs, that leads to certifications and, ultimately, targeted industry job placement; works closely with industry partners to secure job placement for clients. Monitors the levels of satisfaction that businesses have for placed clients and determines when corrective program actions are necessary.
- Gather sectoral market information, talent demand, and skills requirements and translating data into meaningful information assist with cluster strategies.
- Develop and manage a database of employers and/or industry representatives and maintain regular communication through appropriate channels.
- Support the existing staff with cluster management and workforce initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director/Assistant Executive Director in response to a rapidly changing environment
A highly motivated team player and collaborative strategic thinker with proven experience in workforce development. Possesses a demonstrated ability to communicate, develop, and implement a comprehensive plan working closely with multiple partners.
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, SalesForce
- Established leadership skills including the ability to manage stakeholder groups; ability to work collaboratively with the SAWDC team as well as multiple partners, including employers, community colleges government entities, policy decision makers, community based NPOs, job seekers and other key stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills; keen appreciation for follow up, follow through, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision
- Experience working in and with industry; good working knowledge of the region’s high demand industries especially as it relates to the workforce needs of employers
- Knowledge of economic and workforce development practices, systems, and program design; knowledge of training systems
- Case management experience with complex, multi-component efforts; experience addressing the barriers faced by low-skilled job seekers
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including writing, editing and making presentations to groups and individuals
This job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed in the job description provided that such duties are characteristic of the position.
Salaried / Exempt; Full-time
Mobile, Alabama with some travel required throughout the 9-county region of SAWDC
- Competitive compensation package
- Health and dental insurance (BC/BS)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Vision insurance
- Sick Leave
- Personal/Vacation Leave
APPLICATION PROCESS & DEADLINE
Email cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com by August 7, 2020