This position reports to the Operations Director at SAWDC Alabama Works and is responsible for the implementation and management of the organization’s industry cluster strategy. The goal is to support and/or develop industry partnerships that successfully address workforce needs of employers while preparing and positioning individuals to enter jobs and/or advance in their careers. The Project Manager will possess a blend of leadership and enterprise start-up experience, innovative thinking, and the energy and ability to take a hands-on approach. The successful candidate will have a focus on outcomes and a track record of building collaborative partnerships with a variety of key stakeholders with divergent perspectives and needs.
Key responsibilities include the following
- Under the direction of the Operations Director, coordinates and implements the overall strategy for industry partnerships or clusters including 1.) coordinating cluster meetings, 2.) demand planning for both short term and long term, 3.) establishing project goals, outcomes, and evaluation measures, 4.) defining worker skill sets and competencies, 5.) coordinating training programs with key training providers, 6.) identifying and aligning resources, 7.) coordinating the worker recruitment process and 8.) managing the clients and tracking their progress/outcomes.
- Coordinates cluster engagement in SAWDC initiatives including Worlds of Opportunity, the Educators Workforce Academy and Ready to Work.
- Builds relationships across sectors and between organizations, education/training and other service providers to align strategies and resources to benefit the industry partners and, in turn, the target population.
- Manages a caseload of clients; performs assessments on each client and develops individualized plans to facilitate their progress towards reaching their employment goals. Identifies community resources and create linkages when needed.
- Coordinates training, aligned with industry needs, that leads to certifications and, ultimately, targeted industry job placement; works closely with industry partners to secure job placement for clients. Monitors the levels of satisfaction that businesses have for placed clients and determines when corrective program actions are necessary.
- Track clients from intake through training to job placement utilizing the case management software; implements the detailed plan for data collection, program monitoring and evaluation; provides all necessary reporting as required.
The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated team player and collaborative strategic thinker with proven experience in workforce development. Possesses a demonstrated ability to communicate, develop, and implement a comprehensive plan working closely with multiple partners. Specifically, the Project Manager must demonstrate:
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, SalesForce
- Established leadership skills including the ability to manage stakeholder groups; ability to work collaboratively with the SAWDC team as well as multiple partners, including employers, community colleges government entities, policy decision makers, community based NPOs, job seekers and other key stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills; keen appreciation for follow up, follow through, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision
- Experience working in and with industry; good working knowledge of the region’s high demand industries especially as it relates to the workforce needs of employers
- Knowledge of economic and workforce development practices, systems, and program design; knowledge of training systems
- Case management experience with complex, multi-component efforts; experience addressing the barriers faced by low-skilled job seekers
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including writing, editing and making presentations to groups and individuals
This job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed in the job description provided that such duties are characteristic of the position.
Salaried / Exempt; Full-time
Mobile, Alabama with some travel required throughout the 9-county region of SAWDC
- Competitive compensation package
- Health and dental insurance (BC/BS)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Vision insurance
- Sick Leave
- Personal/Vacation Leave
- Email cover letter, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
July 15, 2019
SAWDC AlabamaWorks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). It is the policy of SAWDC AlabamaWorks that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. SAWDC AlabamaWorks will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. SAWDC AlabamaWorks reserves the right to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.