The Project Coordinator will be responsible for handling key administrative and program duties to support and enhance the programs of SAWDC AlabamaWorks.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the SAWDC team in the organization, coordination and execution of all events and projects
- Worlds of Opportunity, Educator Workforce Academy, Pathways to Prosperity
- Quarterly Workforce Summits, Industry cluster meetings
- Organize, coordinate, and execute Leadership Skills training courses monthly
- Provide general administrative support.
- Distribution of invitations, newsletters, social media posts using constant contact
- Open, sort and distribute incoming mail/correspondence.
- Make bank deposits.
- Promote organization events, promotion and highlight of partners, promotion of key days of remembrance via social media, email, and other outreach platforms.
- Maintains proper, professional demeanor and confidentially always.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficient in Microsoft suite applications necessary.
- Knowledge and understanding of Constant Contact, Canva a plus.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent creative writing and communication skills.
- Effective communication – verbally and in writing.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Effective working relationships.
- Keen appreciation for attention to detail and follow up.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Flexible and willing to adapt quickly as the scope of work changes.
- Strong team player.
- Comply with all policies and procedures regarding punctuality, attendance, and workplace ethics.
- Communicate professionally with staff, company representatives, government officials and the public.
Drug Testing: The applicant chosen for employment will be required to undergo drug testing. Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results.
Disclaimer Statement: This job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed in the job description provided that such duties are characteristic of the position.
Job Status: Temp to full-time
Job Location: Mobile, Alabama with some travel required throughout the 9-county region of SAWDC
- Competitive compensation package
- Health and dental insurance (BC/BS)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Vision insurance
- Sick Leave
- Personal/Vacation Leave
HOW TO APPLY
Application Process: Email cover letter, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: December 20, 2021
SAWDC AlabamaWorks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). It is the policy of SAWDC AlabamaWorks that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. SAWDC AlabamaWorks will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. SAWDC AlabamaWorks reserves the right to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.