What does the Community College System provide?
- General Education and other collegiate programs at the freshman and sophomore levels to prepare students for transfer to four-year institutions to complete baccalaureate degrees, as well as an upper division university that provides selected baccalaureate programs.
- Adult education focuses on improving individuals skills, productivity and training with GED preparation and testing, basic skills and English as a Second Language.
- Workforce development initiatives provide customized, flexible, short-term training programs that are responsive to industry needs-from highly specialized training to programs that help prepare entry level employees to meet growing demands
The purpose of the Dual Enrollment policy is to allow eligible high school students to enroll in college classes concurrently with high school classes and to receive both high school and college credit.
General Admission requirements for Dual Enrollment program:
- Students must meet the entrance requirements established by the College;
- Students must have a B average in completed high school courses.
- Students must exhibit good school conduct and citizenship.
- Students must submit an application for admission to the College.
- Students must be in grade 10, 11 or 12.
- Students must have written approval from your school’s counselor, principal and the local superintendent of education.
- There must be a signed agreement between Alabama Southern and the school system.
- Students must have appropriate scores on the ACT or the ASSET placement test.
Alabama’s Career and Technical Education
We consider Alabama’s Career and Technical Education (CTE) program to be the foundation for our state’s future. CTE is focused on developing the skills of K-12 students and strives to prepare them for postsecondary learning and workforce opportunities. It also provides them essential leadership skills through participation in student organizations. CTE is learning that works for Alabama.
AlabamaWorks! Career SUCCESS Guides
The AlabamaWorks Career SUCCESS Guides will help you learn more about the upcoming high-demand careers and their salary ranges, the steps you need to take to reach your career goals, and the resources available to help you get there.