The workforce development project manager will be responsible for building alliances and coordinating efforts of regional business and industry, training providers, employment agencies, Chamber of Commerce, IDBs/IDAs, education officials and elected leaders in Southwest Alabama with a focus on our key clusters of healthcare, construction, aviation, advanced manufacturing and transportation, distribution, and logistics. The Project Manager will provide a central point of contact for any private or public entity seeking information and assistance with workforce training in the Southwest Alabama area. This position will work in a fast-paced environment based on collaboration, communication, and results.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and implement the overall strategy for industry partnerships or clusters including:
- Determine the region’s current and future workforce needs in relation to demand and skill
- Establishing and managing cluster meetings and prepares materials
- Maintaining strategic relationships with partners
- Supports the SAWDC team in the organization, coordination and execution of all events and projects
- Worlds of Opportunity, Educator Workforce Academy, Pathways to Prosperity
- Quarterly Workforce Summits, Industry cluster meetings and special projects as assigned
- Publicizes, through all appropriate means, the workforce training programs available through regional training providers and provide a central point of contact for public and private entities seeking workforce training services
- Refers any requests for training to the appropriate regional training providers and when multiple providers are involved, aids in coordinating the activities
- Assists with or conducts presentations to individuals, groups, businesses, agencies, elected officials and organizations to encourage their cooperation and participation and to solicit suggestions, feedback and partnerships
- Performs such other tasks and duties as assigned by the Workforce Development Council
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- An understanding of workforce and/or economic development is helpful, but not required.
- Must be adaptable to changing programs, workforce needs, and areas of focus.
- Strong public speaking skills
- Must be able to work well with a variety of individuals from education, post-secondary, industry, and government, as all are involved in SAWDC AlabamaWorks
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Exceptional people skills with an outgoing personality
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter with a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to perform job function with minimal daily supervision
- Thinks innovatively to offer new ideas, concepts, and solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Must be able to work normal hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday; participation in morning and evening meetings/events is also required
- Occasional out-of-town travel is required
- Ability to perform all essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation, including regular and predictable attendance, the ability to get along well with others, and represent SAWDC in a professional and positive manner
- Comply with all policies and procedures regarding punctuality, attendance, and workplace ethics.
- Communicate professionally with staff, company representatives, government officials and the public.
Drug Testing: The applicant chosen for employment will be required to undergo drug testing. Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results.
Disclaimer Statement: This job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed in the job description provided that such duties are characteristic of the position.
Job Status: Temp to full-time
Job Location: Mobile, Alabama with some travel required throughout the 9-county region of SAWDC
- Reports directly to the Executive Director
- Maintains a high ethical standard in dealing with information of a highly confidential nature
- Works cooperatively and positively with all SAWDC colleagues to promote an environment of excellence and teamwork
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Health insurance (BCBS)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- Retirement Program
- Paid personal time off
HOW TO APPLY
Application Process: Email cover letter, resume, and references to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: March 11, 2022
SAWDC AlabamaWorks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). It is the policy of SAWDC AlabamaWorks that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. SAWDC AlabamaWorks will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. SAWDC AlabamaWorks reserves the right to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.