Position Title: Project Coordinator
Reports To: Operations Director
The Project Assistant will be responsible for handling key administrative functions:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizes, coordinates and executes all events & projects such as the SAWDC Worlds of Opportunity, Industry Tours, etc.
- Provide general administrative support including emailing, mailing, scanning, and copying.
- Answer phones promptly and distribute messages in a timely manner.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming mail/correspondence.
- Make bank deposits.
- Promote company’s events via social media, email, and other outreach platforms.
- Maintains proper, professional demeanor and confidentially at all times.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent creative writing and communication skills.
- Effective communication – verbally and in writing.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Effective working relationships.
- Keen appreciation for attention to detail and follow up.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Flexible and willing to adapt quickly as the scope of work changes.
- Strong team player.
- Comply with all policies and procedures regarding punctuality, attendance and workplace ethics.
- Communicate professionally with staff, company representatives, government officials and the general public.
The applicant chosen for employment will be required to undergo drug testing. Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results.
Disclaimer Statement: This job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed in the job description provided that such duties are characteristic of the position.
Job Status: Salaried; Full-time
Job Location: Mobile, Alabama with some travel required throughout the 9-county region of SAWDC
- Competitive compensation package
- Health and dental insurance (BC/BS)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Vision insurance
- Sick Leave
- Personal/Vacation Leave
Application Deadline: November 16, 2018
SAWDC AlabamaWorks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). It is the policy of SAWDC AlabamaWorks that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. SAWDC AlabamaWorks will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. SAWDC AlabamaWorks reserves the right to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.